Sister Corinne Bauer

Sister Corinne Bauer

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:49 AM

hi everyone!

man, I love you all so very much. i cannot believe how much love is accumulating in my life. through my time at the mtc i have gained so many of the best friends i have ever had, and i have really felt the support of the other best friends i have ever had back at home.

i have a bit of news that seems appropriate to share seeing as i love you all so much! my stay at the mtc has been extended for at least another 2 weeks, this has been a bit of a struggle for me as i just want to be in korea, but i am learning to love it. i have been sick for about the past month with some mysterious stomach hurting illness that can't seem to be fixed. This is a problem as it is not allowing me to eat much in the way of food and is not allowing me to keep much of the food i do eat. Those things combined make me quite a tired and sick feeling, yet exceedingly happy, missionary. Last tuesday as i met with Dr. Brown, who is quickly becoming a good friend, I was given quite a shock. As we sat in the room, he told me, "Sister Bauer, i think you need to go home and get better," it really threw me, but for the first time in my entire life i came up with an immediate and quite assertive answer and insisted that he let me stay at the mtc with sister westrup who has also been delayed. lucky for me, he agreed. So, I have two weeks more here at the MTC to get better, if not I will be going home.

I was quite distraught over that news, and really upset. it was especially hard because it is unknown what will happen. i am learning though that god has a plan for me, i am never forgotten. I love being a missionary so very much, i love that i have the opportunity to share something so important with the world. But i don't know what is coming next. I am doing my very best to rely on the lord, to remember that he knows me and knows my name. I know that i was meant to be here at the MTC, I know i was meant to meet the people i have met, and to be learning korean and about the gospel. I know that whatever gods plan is for me it is a good one. i know that whereever i end up and whether I serve in the capacity of a full time missionary or not I will be led to those who need to hear the gospel from me. Jesus is my shepherd, he will not leave me alone. Thank you everyone for the support you offer me. I promise you that i will always do what heavenly father wants me to do, no matter how hard.

Yesterday morning, my whole district left, except for sister westrup and I. it was a hard day saying goodbye to sis dub as my companion, and the other sisters, andreceiving a new and equally amazing companion, sis dub 2. it is kind of funny because both of my companions have had w last names and the first name of Rebekah! it must be meant to be. i love my new companion, we have a room all to ourselves both for class and for sleeping for the next two weeks.

My MTC district has been so completely supportive of me. Every single one of them has made an impact on my life that I will never forget, and hopefully I have made an impact on them as well. i know my heavenly father loves me. i know he knows me and that he has a plan for me. I know that everything happens for a reason and that the hard part is that we don't get to know the reason until after. i don't know what will happen, but i know that god knows, and that is all i need to know.

i love you all so very much. i pray for you daily and keep you in my heart. i know the church is true. i know that Jesus Christ is my savior, i know that he is your savior. i know that he knows and loves me, that he understands when no one else can understand. i know that he is with me and each of us always, that when we cry he yearns to hold our hands. that when we smile he smiles with us. He has felt everything each of us has felt, on an individual and personal level. He is my best friend, and he can be yours as well. when we need solace it can be found in him.

i love you, dear friends,

sister corinne bauer

(please forgive the many lower cased things... the shift button has selective hearing)

No comments:

Post a Comment