Sister Corinne Bauer

Sister Corinne Bauer

Friday, November 18, 2011

Update

Corinne called Sean at work yesterday. The hope is that she will be better in 2 weeks so that she can then be sent to Korea with another sister who is recovering from hip surgery, but if she isn't better, there is the possibility that she will be sent home. This mission has been such a tremendous blessing to Corinne and also to our family in these few short months, and my heart and hers are both set on her being able to go to Korea as planned. Therefore, I am working to accept the Lord's will. I do believe he knows our hearts, and that his plan for Corinne, whatever it may be, is full of unconditional love and infinite mercy. He has showered us with His love, and even if the answer isn't what my heart desires right now, I trust in his reasoning as his vision stretches into eternity, and mine often does not. Accepting His will is difficult, but it shouldn't be. Please, if you are so inclined, pray for us to be able to accept the Lord's will for Corinne without doubt or bitterness. What I read in 1st Nephi this morning gave me great comfort: "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." Fasting, prayer, and temple attendance are all great remedies for the trials we face in the world; they bring a powerful balm of comfort to my troubled soul. Thank you for your love and concern for Corinne and our family. We are all so very blessed, no matter the outcome of this trial. "Press forward...with steadfast faith in Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment